Business News: Latest News on Business, Stock Markets, Financial News, India Business & World Business News Check latest updates on business, finance and economy from across the world. Get daily updates for BSE Sensex, Share price, Stock markets, BSE, NSE, Nifty, business news on various sectors and much more from Times of India Business.
- Maruti Suzuki XL6 review: Ertiga's groomed alter-egoon December 15, 2019 at 11:36 am
Built on the Ertiga platform, witness the changes inside out. The front facet is reworked. Now you get a new black grille with chrome slab embossed. The XL6 houses a new set of LED DRLs and fog lamps, with a plastic cladding running across the body. Skid plates on the front and rear lift the athletic stance, giving it an SUV-ish feel. A new badge at the rear, that aside, it’s an Ertiga second-gen replica.
- Nirmala to hold pre-Budget consultations with stakeholderson December 15, 2019 at 9:44 am
Beginning the customary pre-Budget consultation exercise from Monday, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman will seek inputs from various stakeholders including industry bodies, farmer organisations and economists for reviving consumption and boosting growth.
- Six of top-10 firms add Rs 65,060 cr in m-cap; RIL, HDFC leadon December 15, 2019 at 5:15 am
- Oil India Ltd appeals to people in Assam to allow it to carry out day-to-day opson December 14, 2019 at 12:25 pm
Amid fervent protests in Assam over the Citizenship Amendment Act, PSU major Oil India Limited (OIL) issued an appeal to the people of the state on Saturday to allow it to carry out day-to-day operations, which the firm said has been "severely impacted".
- Mother Dairy hikes milk prices by up to Rs 3/litreon December 14, 2019 at 12:01 pm
Leading milk supplier Mother Dairy on Saturday announced an increase in milk prices by up to Rs 3 per litre in Delhi-NCR due to lower supply and rise in procurement cost. The new prices will be effective from Sunday, it said.
- India strives to become middle-income nation: Prezon December 14, 2019 at 10:37 am
India has set itself for sustainable development as it strives to eliminate poverty and become a middle-income country, President Ram Nath Kovind said on Saturday.
- Budget likely on Feb 1, eco survey on Jan 31on December 14, 2019 at 5:32 am
Union Budget for 2020-21 may be presented on February 1. This will be the first time after 2015-16 when the Budget will be presented on Saturday. The govt said it would continue with the tradition of presenting the Budget on the first day of February. In 2020, the first day of February is Saturday, a non-working day.
- Imports decline for six mths in row, exports dipon December 14, 2019 at 12:37 am
India’s trade deficit widened to the highest in 3 months as imports registered the sixth straight monthly decline, falling nearly 13% to $38 billion, while exports dipped 0.3% to $26 billion, which was the 4th consecutive month of decline. Although the pace of decline has moderated, trade remains a key worry for policymakers.
- Data breach cost rises by 8% in 2 yrson December 14, 2019 at 12:34 am
The average cost of a data breach in India has gone up to Rs 11.9 crore, an increase of 8% from 2017, a study said. As newer technologies shape the way people and organisations stay connected leaving a trail of data in the open, cyber security breaches have become commonplace. The average cost of a malicious insider attack rose by 15% in 2019 from last year.
- Rs 10k cr tied up for fund to revive realty unitson December 14, 2019 at 12:31 am
The government on Friday said that over Rs 10,000 crore for the fund to revive stalled real estate projects have been tied up, with 13 financial institutions including HDFC, SBI and LIC joining hands as part of the plan to set up the Rs 25,000-crore fund.
- Key medicines likely to get costlier soonon December 13, 2019 at 11:48 pm
Invoking for the first time a provision “in public interest’’, the drug prices regulator NPPA on Friday revised prices of 21 formulations, allowing a one-time increase of 50% from the existing ceiling price. The NPPA’s move is in response to the pharma industry’s requests over the last two years to allow upward revision in prices.
- Sebi rejects Karvy lenders’ pleaon December 13, 2019 at 10:30 pm
Markets regulator Sebi late on Friday rejected pleas by four lenders led by Bajaj Finance to reverse its December 2 decision to return all those shares to investors which were illegally pledged by Karvy Stock Broking to raise funds for its own use.
- Criminalising business laws worrying, says Morpariaon December 13, 2019 at 10:30 pm
JP Morgan South and Southeast Asia chairman Kalpana Morparia has cautioned against the trend of “criminalising” business laws and said it has become a worrisome factor for independent directors.
- P Chidambaram gets more time to reply in NSEL caseon December 13, 2019 at 10:30 pm
The Bombay high court on Friday gave four more weeks to former Union finance minister P Chidambaram, who is out on bail in connection with the INX media case, and two IAS officers — Ramesh Abhishek and K P Krishnan — to file statements in response to a Rs 10,000-crore lawsuit for damages filed by 63 Moons Technologies.
- Reliance Industries makes investment in droneson December 13, 2019 at 10:30 pm
The country’s largest private sector company Reliance Industries is betting on drones. It has invested Rs 23 crore in Bengaluru-based Asteria Aerospace for a 52% stake.
- RBI to extend enforcement role to NBFCs, co-op bankson December 13, 2019 at 10:30 pm
The RBI is working on extending its enforcement role to cooperative banks and non-banking finance companies (NBFCs). The move follows recent developments in Punjab & Maharashtra Cooperative Bank and mortgage lender DHFL.
- NSDL ends Aadhaar e-sign serviceson December 13, 2019 at 10:30 pm
With NSDL no longer supporting e-sign, brokerages and fintechs will now have to physically onboard customers. eSign is an online electronic signature service that can facilitate an Aadhaar holder to digitally sign a document. Such e-sign signature services were supposed to aid digital transaction and verifications. But NSDL has been facing technical issues in terms of integrating different data sets, mismatches and submission of fakes, sources said.
- Arcelor initiates payment for Essar Steel acquisitionon December 13, 2019 at 5:36 pm
Global steel giant ArcelorMittal has initiated payment for acquisition of debt-ridden Essar Steel for Rs 42,000 crore, sources said on Friday. The decks for acquisition of Essar Steel by L N Mittal-led company was cleared by the Supreme Court last month.
- Not aware of any other complaints: Infosyson December 13, 2019 at 1:21 pm
Infosys on Friday said it is not aware of any additional complaints made against the company other than the one it had disclosed to the bourses in October this year. The clarification comes amid reports of the US-based Schall Law Firm saying it has filed a class-action lawsuit against Infosys to recover losses suffered by investors in the wake of allegations of "unethical practices" at the Indian IT major.
- Economic reforms are showing impact: CEAon December 13, 2019 at 10:27 am
Chief economic advisor Krishnamurthy Subramanian said that the government's economic reforms are showing its impact. He said the evidence can be seen in the record FDI inflows - $35 billion in the first half of 2019-20 as against $31 billion during the same period last year. He also announced capitalisation of public sector banks and funding to realty projects.