Business News: Latest News on Business, Stock Markets, Financial News, India Business & World Business News Check latest updates on business, finance and economy from across the world. Get daily updates for BSE Sensex, Share price, Stock markets, BSE, NSE, Nifty, business news on various sectors and much more from Times of India Business.
- In a first, India to get board on road safetyon February 22, 2020 at 2:03 pm
India, for the first time, will get an apex board of professionals in the next 2-3 months which will guide and advise the government on issues of road and vehicle safety.
- Boeing finds debris in fuel tanks of 737 MAX jetson February 22, 2020 at 1:54 pm
Boeing Co has found debris in the fuel tanks of dozens of undelivered 737 MAX jets amid ongoing inspections as the Chicago-based planemaker struggles to restore the trust of airlines and the wider public in the grounded fleet. More than 50% of the undelivered 737 MAX jets inspected thus far have had debris found in them.
- 'Your seat isn't a sleeper berth': Min to flyerson February 22, 2020 at 12:42 pm
The Indian aviation ministry on Saturday requested flyers “be a responsible traveller” and mind “etiquettes of flying". The ministry said, "Your seat is not a sleeper berth. Don't be inconsiderate of other people's space.” The debate on reclining seats started again after a viral video showed a passenger on a US flight repeatedly punching a reclined seat.
- Trai moots reforms in telco merger guidelineson February 22, 2020 at 11:23 am
Trai on Friday suggested that, while both subscriber base and revenue are considered in determining marketshare for mobile and internet service providers, only revenue should be taken into account in marketshare calculation for other services like national and international long distance telephony.
- Simplicity delivers solutions beyond tech: Wangchukon February 22, 2020 at 5:57 am
With the onset of tourism in the Leh valley, the locals started getting influenced by the architecture followed in the cities and town. Soon enough, many mud houses were being converted into cement houses as a cement house was a sign of affluence.
- Are you creating brands or consumers?on February 22, 2020 at 5:52 am
The second day of Star FLOW — The Change Festival, an initiative by The Times of India — opened with the session ‘The New Brand Model — Are you creating Brands or Consumers?’ by Marty Neumeier, director of CEO Branding at Liquid Agency, redefining branding for marketers.
- Sebi may do this tackle Karvy-type fraudson February 22, 2020 at 5:47 am
To prevent frauds like what happened at Karvy Stock Broking, markets regulator Sebi is considering a unique identity number for dematerialised shares that will establish a trail of ownership.
- NPA relief likely for cos hit by coronaviruson February 22, 2020 at 5:45 am
The government is going to seek a relaxation in rules for classification of bank loans to a certain set of companies as a “sub-standard” asset, citing difficulties faced by them. These entities are engaged in export and import, or are those that depend on raw materials and inputs, from China where businesses have been impacted due to the coronavirus outbreak.
- CCI okays GMR-Groupe ADP dealon February 22, 2020 at 4:51 am
A day after GMR group said it is selling 49% stake in its airports business to Aeroports de Paris SA (Groupe ADP) of France, the deal has been approved by the competition watchdog Competition Commission of India (CCI).
- Indus Towers, Bharti Infratel can merge: DoTon February 22, 2020 at 4:00 am
Cash-strapped, struggling operations of Vodafone Idea saw a glimmer of hope to raise funds with the department of telecom (DoT) approving the merger of Indus Towers with Bharti Infratel to form one of the world’s largest tower companies.
- Rivals slam PhonePe's 'ATM' biz, question launchon February 22, 2020 at 4:00 am
PhonePe ATM, a new service that lets consumers withdraw cash from its offline merchants via the Unified Payments Interface (UPI), has angered rivals who have drawn the attention of the regulator to the issue, three people aware of the matter said.
- Vietjet offers 50% discount on routes across Asiaon February 21, 2020 at 7:23 pm
- Oil falls 2% on renewed coronavirus uncertaintieson February 21, 2020 at 5:55 pm
Oil prices fell on Friday as a rise in new cases of coronavirus and weak Asian economic data fuelled uncertainty about the economic outlook and as major crude producers showed no rush to cut output.
- Coronavirus may slash $29bn airlines' revenue: IATAon February 21, 2020 at 4:14 pm
The outbreak of the novel coronavirus threatens to erase $29 billion of this year's revenue for global airlines, mostly for Chinese carriers, as travel crashes worldwide, according to the International Air Transport Association (IATA).
- DHFL chairman Wadhawan gets bail in Mirchi caseon February 21, 2020 at 3:26 pm
A special court on Friday granted bail to Kapil Wadhawan, chairman and managing director of Dewan Housing Finance (DHFL) who is accused of having dealings with dead gangster Iqbal Mirchi in the past. Kapil Wadhawan (46) was arrested on January 27 by the Enforcement Directorate (ED) under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA).
- DGCA to test aviation personnel for drug useon February 21, 2020 at 2:24 pm
In a bid to make flying safer, flight crew and air traffic controllers (ATCO) will now be tested for drug abuse, just like breath-analyser (BA) checks to ensure that they are not tipsy. DGCA chief, Arun Kumar has ordered "random drug testing for the consumption of (10) psychoactive substances" like cocaine, marijuana/hashish, MDMA or ecstasy and morphine/opiate.
- After Amazon, Flipkart challenges antitrust probeon February 21, 2020 at 1:46 pm
Walmart's Flipkart has filed a legal challenge against an antitrust investigation ordered against the company in India, a court filing seen by Reuters showed, following a similar petition by its rival Amazon.com Inc.
- India hitting US 'very hard' on trade: Trumpon February 21, 2020 at 11:22 am
India has been hitting the US "very hard" on trade for many years with high tariffs, according to President Donald Trump who said he will "talk business" with Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his first official visit to the country.
- Indian IT has over 1 lakh American employeeson February 21, 2020 at 9:11 am
The top 4 Indian IT firms have over 55,000 American employees in the US. The number is sharply up from a few years ago, and reflects the companies’ efforts to overcome visa barriers and become more global in their operations. Including Cognizant, the tally of American employees is over 1 lakh. Cognizant employs 46,400 people in North America.
- H1N1 fears spread in India’s Silicon Valleyon February 21, 2020 at 5:12 am