Business News: Latest News on Business, Stock Markets, Financial News, India Business & World Business News Check latest updates on business, finance and economy from across the world. Get daily updates for BSE Sensex, Share price, Stock markets, BSE, NSE, Nifty, business news on various sectors and much more from Times of India Business.
- India sees 19 IPOs worth $1.84 bn in 2020 Dec qtr: Reporton January 24, 2021 at 4:26 pm
- PM likely to address World Economic Forum on Jan 28on January 24, 2021 at 12:34 pm
- Biden orders faster relief checks, more food aidon January 23, 2021 at 7:05 pm
US President Joe Biden on Friday ordered the faster issuance of pandemic stimulus checks to needy families and increased food aid for children who normally rely on school meals, an effort to ease Americans’ burdens while Congress negotiates over his proposed $1.9 trillion economic stimulus package.
- Telcos want govt to clarify on security breachon January 23, 2021 at 6:46 pm
Telcos have asked the government to clarify about the entity that will be held liable if there is security breach in the network post implementation of National Security Directive (NSD) on the telecom sector, according to industry sources aware of the development.
- Geared up to meet any surge in fuel demand: Coal Indiaon January 23, 2021 at 6:30 pm
State-owned Coal India Ltd on Saturday said that it is well geared to meet any surge in demand for coal from the power sector. The statement follows power demand touching an all-time high of 187.3 GW on Friday.
- Finance minister launches Union Budget mobile appon January 23, 2021 at 5:02 pm
Finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Saturday launched the 'Union Budget mobile app' for hassle-free access of Budget documents by members of Parliament (MPs) and general public.
- Nirmala Sitharaman holds customary 'halwa' ceremonyon January 23, 2021 at 4:27 pm
Kick starting the countdown towards Budget 2021, finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Saturday hosted the traditional 'halwa' ceremony. Every year, the government follows an annual tradition of hosting a halwa ceremony, a few days before the Budget is presented. The ceremony marks the beginning of printing of Budget documents.
- Petrol, diesel prices touch all-time highson January 23, 2021 at 12:56 pm
Petrol and diesel prices in the country on Saturday touched new all-time highs after rates were increased for the fourth time this week.Petrol and diesel prices were hiked by 25 paise per litre each, according to a price notification from oil marketing companies.
- Tesla claims engineer stole secrets just days into the jobon January 23, 2021 at 9:25 am
A former Tesla Inc. software engineer was ordered to appear before a judge to face allegations that three days into his job, he started stealing confidential files and transferring them to a personal storage account.
- RIL doubles down on 5G pledge after record profiton January 23, 2021 at 8:55 am
Indian billionaire Mukesh Ambani doubled down on his promise to offer 5G services on his wireless network as early as this year, as his conglomerate Reliance Industries Ltd. reported a record profit aided by its consumer businesses.
- Budget: No house full halwa ritual as no document to printon January 23, 2021 at 5:48 am
- JSW Steel’s Dec quarter profit zooms 1,300%on January 23, 2021 at 5:41 am
- IL&FS claims Rs 32k cr of its total debt resolvedon January 23, 2021 at 5:38 am
- Digital, retail biz boost RIL Q3 net by 26%on January 23, 2021 at 5:35 am
- RBI proposes bank-like norms for big NBFCson January 23, 2021 at 4:00 am
Large non-banking finance companies (NBFCs) are likely to be more intensely regulated and their lending to sensitive sectors like capital markets and real estate capped if the RBI were to implement proposals that it has put forward in a discussion paper.
- IPO financing rule to hit subscriptionon January 23, 2021 at 4:00 am
- Mallya has applied for asylum, his lawyer informs judgeon January 23, 2021 at 12:29 am
- State of Indian economy explained in 10 chartson January 22, 2021 at 8:52 pm
With domestic activity gradually returning to pre-Covid levels, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) sees a phoenix-like recovery for the Indian economy.
- Why couples are faking divorces in Chinaon January 22, 2021 at 6:38 pm
Shanghai officials unveiled policies late on Thursday to cool the local market, including a measure designed to plug a loophole long exploited by buyers using fake divorces to become eligible to purchase more properties or obtain mortgages. As most Chinese cities limit demand by capping the number of properties a family can own, divorce becomes a way to bypass the restriction.
- flydubai barred from flying to Chennai till Jan 31on January 22, 2021 at 6:06 pm
Tamil Nadu has barred UAE's flydubai from flying in passengers to the state till the month-end after the budget carrier brought a Covid positive passenger to Chennai this Sunday (Jan 17).