Business News: Latest News on Business, Stock Markets, Financial News, India Business & World Business News Check latest updates on business, finance and economy from across the world. Get daily updates for BSE Sensex, Share price, Stock markets, BSE, NSE, Nifty, business news on various sectors and much more from Times of India Business.
- Google says its products make info readily accessible for userson October 29, 2020 at 11:15 pm
Google on Thursday said its products across Search, Android and YouTube make "relevant information" readily accessible for users globally, and its algorithms ensure that high-quality content surfaces in response to user queries.
- Govt extends LTC scheme to non-central govt staffon October 29, 2020 at 10:16 pm
The Income Tax (I-T) department on Thursday decided to extend the income tax exemption available under leave travel concession (LTC) cash voucher scheme to non-central government employees as well in a bid to boost consumer spending.
- US economy posts spectacular growth in Q3on October 29, 2020 at 8:44 pm
The US economy grew at a record pace in the third quarter as the government injected more than $3 trillion worth of pandemic relief which fueled consumer spending, but the deep scars from the COVID-19 recession could take a year or more to heal.
- Domestic airfare band extended till Feb 24: Purion October 29, 2020 at 8:27 pm
Domestic airfare bands will now remain in place till February 24. Aviation minister H S Puri on Thursday said it has been decided to extend the fare range system by another three months from November 24. “We can consider removing fare bands if domestic air travel revives fully (to pre-pandemic level) before February 24,” he said.
- Vodafone Idea Q2 loss narrows to Rs 7,218 croreon October 29, 2020 at 7:55 pm
Debt-ridden telecom firm Vodafone Idea on Thursday reported narrowing of its consolidated loss to Rs 7,218.2 crore for the quarter ended September 2020. The company had posted a loss of Rs 50,897.9 crore in the same quarter of the previous fiscal on account of making provisions for statutory due payments.
- Parl panel questions Paytm on Chinese investmenton October 29, 2020 at 7:11 pm
A parliamentary panel on Thursday questioned Paytm representatives about the quantum of Chinese investment in the company and told them that the servers on which customer data is stored should be in India.
- Eight core industries' output contracts 0.8% in Septon October 29, 2020 at 6:01 pm
Contracting for the seventh consecutive month, the output of eight core infrastructure sectors dropped by 0.8 per cent in September, mainly due to decline in production of crude oil, natural gas, refinery products and cement. The production of eight core sectors had contracted 5.1 per cent in September 2019, data released by the Commerce and Industry Ministry showed on Thursday.
- AI milestone: Over 1m passengers flown since Mayon October 29, 2020 at 5:51 pm
National carrier Air India has crossed a historic milestone of flying over one million passengers to and from India on its Vande Bharat Mission flights which began in May, over a month after the government banned international scheduled flight movements.
- SP Group submits plan for separation from Tatason October 29, 2020 at 5:18 pm
The Mistrys have valued their holding in the Tatas at Rs 1.75 lakh crore, it informed the apex court, which is hearing the long-drawn legal battle between the two groups that began after the Tatas in a boardroom coup on October 28, 2016 sacked Cyrus Mistry as the chairman.
- Maruti Suzuki reports net profit of Rs 1,372cr in Q2on October 29, 2020 at 2:20 pm
Maruti Suzuki India Ltd reported a profit for the second-quarter on Thursday, as the lifting of coronavirus restrictions brought back customers to the carmaker's showrooms and also eased supply chain disruptions.
- 'Competition for jobs spiked 30% since 2019'on October 29, 2020 at 1:30 pm
Hiring in India continues to recover at a 12 per cent year-on-year growth rate in August 2020, but competition for jobs is 30 per cent higher than last year, according to professional network LinkedIn's labour market data.
- Covid-19 hits India's gold-buying sentiment: WGCon October 29, 2020 at 12:42 pm
Gold demand in India dropped by 30 per cent during the July-September quarter to 86.6 tonnes compared to the same period last year due to Covid-19 related disruptions and ruling high prices, World Gold Council (WGC) said in a report.
- Leh map: Twitter tenders apology before house panelon October 29, 2020 at 12:31 pm
Micro-blogging site Twitter on Thursday tendered a verbal apology before the joint parliamentary committee (JPC) for showing Leh as part of Chinese territory on its location setting.
- HAL, Tech Mahindra ink Rs 400 crore contracton October 29, 2020 at 11:41 am
Defence PSU Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) on Thursday said it signed a Rs 400-crore contract with Tech Mahindra (TM) for implementation of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) to support HAL’s ‘Project Parivartan’.
- Cognizant Q3 income down 30% to $348 millionon October 29, 2020 at 11:21 am
IT major Cognizant has reported about 30 per cent drop in September quarter net income at $348 million (around Rs 2,578.3 crore). The US-based company, which posted a net income of $497 million in September 2019 quarter, said it expects its FY2020 revenue to be "at the high end of the previously guided range of approximately $16.7 billion".
- Trump admin proposes to scrap H-1B lottery systemon October 29, 2020 at 10:10 am
The Trump administration has proposed to scrap the computerised lottery system to grant H-1B work visas to foreign technology professionals and replace it with a wage-level-based selection process, a move that is expected to counter the downward pressure on the wages of US workers.
- US senate tech hearing becomes political showdownon October 29, 2020 at 9:49 am
A US Senate hearing to reform an internet law and hold tech companies accountable for how they moderate content quickly turned into a political scuffle as lawmakers not only went after the companies but also attacked each other.
- Blowout US GDP report will obscure troubling slowdownon October 29, 2020 at 8:05 am
After the worst downturn on record, the US economy is expected to post jaw-dropping growth of between 30 and 35 per cent in the third quarter, but the headline number will obscure potential signs of trouble. President Donald Trump will almost certainly seize on the data by the Commerce Department as proof the recovery he promised from the Covid-19 pandemic is underway.
- Samsung reclaims top slot from Xiaomion October 29, 2020 at 7:41 am
Two years after losing the top smartphone maker crown to Xiaomi in India, Samsung has regained the top billing in the lucrative category, gathering a share of 24% in the third quarter, marginally higher than the Chinese rival’s 23%.
- Tatas can look at non-cash pact with SP Group: Expertson October 29, 2020 at 4:00 am
Tata Sons could explore a non-cash settlement with the estranged minority shareholder Shapoorji Pallonji (SP) Group to minimise the financial burden it faces in a dispute over valuation of the latter’s 18.37% stake, legal experts said.