Business News: Latest News on Business, Stock Markets, Financial News, India Business & World Business News Check latest updates on business, finance and economy from across the world. Get daily updates for BSE Sensex, Share price, Stock markets, BSE, NSE, Nifty, business news on various sectors and much more from Times of India Business.
- Delhi high court expresses displeasure over non-compliance of IT rules by Twitteron July 28, 2021 at 4:37 pm
The Delhi high court Wednesday expressed displeasure over Twitter Inc appointing a “contingent worker” as Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) and said the microblogging platform was non-compliant with the new Information Technology (IT) rules.
- In spats with Twitter, government begins messaging shift to rival Kooon July 28, 2021 at 3:30 pm
Twitter Inc is fast losing its sheen as a favoured communications tool for many Indian government departments and ministers keen to promote home-grown rival Koo while the US firm comes under fire for non-compliance with India's laws.
- Billionaire investor Rakesh Jhunjhunwala plans 70 planes for new airlineon July 28, 2021 at 2:42 pm
Billionaire investor Rakesh Jhunjhunwala is planning on having 70 aircraft within four years for a new airline he wants to set up in India on optimism more people will travel by air.
- Stimulus not enough, need to push demand: Parliamentary panelon July 28, 2021 at 1:59 pm
Describing the stimulus packages announced by the government as “inadequate”, a parliamentary panel has suggested that the government should put in place measures to generate demand and help improve the “grim situation” of small enterprises due to the pandemic.
- Airtel discontinues Rs 49 prepaid recharge, raises entry-level pricingon July 28, 2021 at 1:32 pm
With a focus on improving realisation, Airtel on Wednesday announced revisions to its prepaid plans, raising its entry-level pricing by nearly 60 per cent. The telecom operator said it has discontinued its Rs 49 entry level prepaid recharge.
- Four funds with $7 billion in Adani have history of wrong betson July 28, 2021 at 12:54 pm
Four Mauritius-based funds that have attracted attention for parking almost all their money in companies controlled by Indian billionaire Gautam Adani have a history of investing in firms which ended up defaulting or were investigated for wrongdoing.
- Hyundai enters Gurugram with Rs 2,000-croreon July 28, 2021 at 10:35 am
- Tech Mahindra CEO’s pay down 33% in last fiscalon July 28, 2021 at 10:13 am
CP Gurnani, CEO and MD of Tech Mahindra, received Rs 22 crore in salary in the last fiscal, down from Rs 33.2 crore in the fiscal before that, as per the company’s latest annual report.
- Google parent Alphabet profit soars as ads surgeon July 28, 2021 at 8:58 am
Google parent Alphabet on Tuesday reported quarterly profit that had nearly tripled, as money poured in from ads on its search engine and YouTube video platform. Google is on track to generate $130 billion in overall ad revenue this year, an increase of some 25% from a year earlier.
- Apple profit nearly doubles as Covid lockdowns easedon July 28, 2021 at 8:53 am
The California tech giant's profit rose to $21.7 billion on growth in iPhone sales and its increasingly important digital services. Revenue surged 36 percent from a year ago to $81.4 billion, the best ever for the tech titan's fiscal third quarter.
- Paytm to hire over 20,000 sales execs ahead of IPOon July 28, 2021 at 6:53 am
Paytm is hiring over 20,000 field sales executives across the country, ahead of its initial public offering (IPO). The move by the fintech major comes against the backdrop of stiff competition from several rivals, including PhonePe and Google Pay.
- Unclaimed funds with banks, insurance cos near Rs 50,000 croreon July 28, 2021 at 6:47 am
- Dr Reddy’s tanks 10% on news of US legal actionon July 28, 2021 at 4:00 am
- Walmart to pay college, book costs for full, part-time staffon July 27, 2021 at 11:19 pm
Walmart Inc on Tuesday said it will pay the full cost of college tuition and books for its roughly 1.5 million full and part-time employees, effective August 16. The largest private US employer said it will drop the current $1 a day fee paid by associates at Walmart and its subsidiary Sam's Club.
- SBI, Axis Bank, ICICI Bank, others buy stakes in IBBICon July 27, 2021 at 11:16 pm
Six banks – State Bank of India, Axis Bank, Indian Bank, Yes Bank, IDBI Bank, and ICICI Bank – on Tuesday said they have bought equity stakes in financial technology platform IBBIC.
- Flipkart eyes 2X growth in 'pay later' offeron July 27, 2021 at 10:56 pm
Walmart-owned Flipkart is working on expanding its 'Pay Later' credit offering and aims to clock 2X growth over the next six months.Currently, there are over 2.8 million customers who have adopted Flipkart Pay Later and have made more than 42 million transactions on the platform to date.
- Share of non-fossil fuel based generation capacity rises to 39%on July 27, 2021 at 10:51 pm
Non-fossil fuel sources now account for 39% of India’s power generation capacity, a fact that will help the country surpass its NDC (nationally determined contribution), or carbon reduction commitment under the Paris climate agreement, thanks to the Narendra Modi government’s aggressive renewable energy programme.
- IMF slashes India's GDP growth forecast to 9.5% for FY22on July 27, 2021 at 7:09 pm
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) slashed India's growth forecast to 9.5 per cent for the fiscal year 2021-22, a report released on Tuesday showed. Previously in April, IMF had projected India's gross domestic product (GDP) to grow at 12.5 per cent.
- IndiGo sees highest ever quarterly loss of Rs 3,174cr in Q1on July 27, 2021 at 5:54 pm
The pandemic has sent what was once India’s only profitable airline, IndiGo, in deep red. The low cost carrier (LCC) on Tuesday reported a loss of Rs 3,174.2 crore in April-June, 2021, as against a loss of Rs 2842.6 crore in same period last year.
- Higher Q1 tax mop-up shows economy on recovery path: Govton July 27, 2021 at 4:10 pm
Increased tax collection in the first quarter this fiscal shows that the economy is on the recovery path, Minister of State for Finance Pankaj Chaudhary said on Tuesday.